- 2 Tbsp . olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 8 medium celery stalks about 4 cups, chopped
- 2 medium green apples about 2 cups, with peel
- 4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups dry quinoa rinsed
- 1 tsp . sea salt
- 1 tsp . ground cumin
- ½ tsp . ground black pepper
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup pine nuts
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
Add celery and apple; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
Add broth, quinoa, salt, cumin, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
Add cranberries. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Add cilantro and pine nuts; fluff with a fork and serve.