Longhorn-Style Parmesan-Crusted Chicken
- ¼ cup Homestyle Ranch Dressing or reduced- calorie store-bought
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
In a small bowl, combine the dressing and 3 tablespoons Parmesan. In another small bowl, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan, breadcrumbs, garlic salt, and melted butter.
Position oven rack in middle of oven. Gently pound chicken to ½ inch thickness. Coat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Season chicken with pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until well browned and just cooked through. Turn on the broiler.
Spread each breast with 1 generous tablespoon of the dressing, evenly top with 3 tablespoons mozzarella, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan breadcrumbs. Move the chicken to the oven and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and crumbs are nicely browned.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS