Easy Traditional Red Sangria
- ½ apple cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces
- ½ orange plus more for garnish, rind on, sliced into small pieces, large seeds removed
- ¾ Tbsp . 41-55organic brown sugar (or 3 tbsp. (37.5 organic cane sugar
- ¾ cup (180morange juice plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup (80mbrandy plus more to taste
- 1 750 ml bottle dry Spanish red wine*
- Ice to chill 1 cup
Add apples, oranges, and sugar to a large pitcher and muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
Add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds.
Add red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavor as needed. I added a bit more brandy, orange juice, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is, or with a bit more ice. Garnish with orange segments (optional).
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when fresh.
Notes *For red wine, I bought the Albero Spanish Red Wine 2014 Monastrell from Trader Joe’s. However, any fruity, full-bodied, somewhat dry red Spanish wine will do.