Whipped Ricotta Salad
Cook Time 20 minutes
- Whipped Ricotta:
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese chilled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes halved or quartered depending on size
- 18 snap peas about 1/4 pound, cleaned and cut in half
- 3 cups baby arugula
For the whipped ricotta: Place the ricotta, olive oil and salt in a food processor. Blend until light and smooth, about 30 seconds. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
For the dressing: Place the basil, pine nuts, vinegar, salt and pepper flakes in a food processor. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil to form a smooth dressing. Set aside.
For the salad: In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, snap peas and arugula with the dressing.
To assemble: Spread the whipped ricotta on the bottom of a platter. Place the dressed salad on top of the ricotta, leaving some of the cheese exposed around the edges. Serve.